Sunday, April 5, 2009

Looking Ahead

I don't have a "Week in Review" post this week because we took last week off to clean. I can report that the kids' rooms are in good shape. It wasn't the ceiling-to-floor clean I was hoping to achieve but its close. I'm fairly organized and like to stay on top of things so its amazing that there was still so much clutter. How does that happen? I'd blame the new administration but that seems like a long shot.

We tackled most of the play room and all of the bookshelves and the school room. That leaves several rooms and one very atrocious master bedroom closet to go. I'm grading our spring cleaning week B-. Better luck next year.

Speaking of next year, I have been curriculum gathering. Last year, I made the mistake of thinking that summer would be the ideal time to plan out the school year. And I would have been right if summer were about 3 months longer. This year I know better.

Near as I can tell, this is what next year will look like:

Eleanor - 5th grade:

  • Lively Latin Book 2
  • Saxon 6/5
  • Classical Writing Homer A
  • Classical Writing Beginning Poetry
  • Harvey's Grammar
  • Spelling Workout E/F
Henry - 2nd grade:
  • Prima Latina
  • Saxon 3
  • Writing With Ease: Year 2
  • First Language Lessons 3
  • Spelling Workout C/D
Susannah - Preschool:
  • Get Ready for the Code
  • Saxon K
  • Finish The Ordinary Parents' Guide to Teaching Reading
All:
  • Story of the World 3
  • World geography
  • Nature Study
  • Art
  • Music
  • Science?
Those details of those last five are still being hashed out. I'm not sure I'm going to take on a formal science study but I'm considering a human body unit. I've ordered an art curriculum but I need to look it over first. I tried to order a music study course tonight but was thwarted but an uncooperative website.

Off to finish prepping for the next week of the school year already in progress.

0 Comments: