Monday, January 28, 2008

Book Meme!

B. at King Alfred Academy who rightly identified that I needed a gentle shove to get back to my blog, tagged me:

Book Meme

Rules:
  • Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
  • Open the book to page 123.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post the next three sentences.
  • Tag five people.

I reached over my shoulder and grabbed "Books That Build Character: A Guide to Teaching Your Child Moral Values Through Stories" by William Kilpatrick and Gregory and Suzanne M. Wolfe.

"The imagination and symbolism in these myths affect children and adults alike at a deep psychological level, shaping our perceptions and judgments. The D'Aulaires recount all of the major Greek myths with unaffected grace. The pastel shades of the color illustrations perfectly capture the otherworldliness of the gods, though they are rendered with recognizable human virtues and vices. "

Good stuff.

I tag: Lesley, Vivian, Sarah, karen (if she's reading) and Nicole (if she's reading).

2 Comments:

Lesley said...

Heavy.

Brittney said...

Happy to see you made it back into blogging world. I enjoy reading it. That book sounds like one I need to look into.

Welcome Back!
Brittney