Monday, October 15, 2007

A Very Good Place to Start

Welcome to the official blog of The Aquitaine Academy housed in the humble yet charming Repent-at-Leisure. If you're here that probably means you're me, in which case, let me take a moment to say that you're looking especially lovely today. In the event that you're not me, let me explain the purpose of our blog. I'm hoping to keep a record of our goings-on and use it as a way to help me track our progress. Sounds simple enough.

We are following a classical education model based on suggestions from this book:







Click on the book to learn more.










Here is the typical (ha) daily schedule for each child:

Eleanor:

Henry
We don't hit all of our goals everyday and in fact, we don't hit them most days. I'm being introduced to the concept of "carschooling" which is where we have done some of our French lessons and some "read alouds" via the cd player. I'm also being introduced to the concept of ending the day crouched in a dark corner, rocking back and forth like one of Maslow's monkeys. Dinners aren't what they used to be and my toenails are still wearing the end of summer's last pedicure but at the end of the day, I still question if all this is really worth it. Let's find out.

2 Comments:

Cam said...

I think the last time I got a pedicure was the day before my wedding, and that was over two years ago. So you are way ahead of me. Did I mention that I'm barely home-feeding my child let alone home-schooling him?

I'm going to subscribe b/c you're hilarious, and what a cool book list.

Lesley said...

I am more than impressed!
I wonder if I can audit a class?